Guide to Pre-Wedding Photoshoot in Taiwan
If you have booked or intend to book your pre-wedding photoshoot to be in Taiwan, we are pretty sure you have some concerns on your mind. Hopefully what we have experienced ourselves can serve as a guide to you and what you can expect for our taiwan pre-wedding photography.
Things to do before or during your trip prior to the Photoshoot:
- Wardrobe: For packages signed with us at newlyweds.sg, you can expect to choose 3 x Gowns and 1 x men’s suit for the photography duration.
- Weather: Always do your homework before booking the date. Advisable dates to avoid would definitely be during the summer period in Taiwan as the weather would be too hot and humid
- Locations: Do check with your photographer before the shoot commences on the location for the photoshoot. Being locals there, they usually have a better idea on where to go. Also you must take into account that time is a factor. Beside being photographed, your majority of time will be consumed by travelling. Planning the location with your photographer and getting his insight on estimated traffic condition on the day of your shoot is a must!
- Photographer: A meet up with the photographer before the photoshoot is a must! This is because you would need to go through the concept of the photography with him and also as mention above the schedule and locations.
- Make up: The make up artist should arrive at your home around 3-4 hours before your shoot ie: 3am to 4am. As photoshoots make up includes a very elaborate hairdo usually.
- Transportation: Again this should be communicated with the photographer. Common practice is that the transportation is provided and should not be arrange by the couple. Thou we realise there are some bridal studios that add this as a additional charge.
- Food: Rather than a to do, this is a not to do. Taiwan is famous for it’s great food. But do remember that you need to control your food intake prior to your photoshoot. Your first awesome meal in taiwan would usually be right after the photoshoot with your photoshoot team.
Things to note during your photoshoot
During your photoshoot, do ensure with that the package you signed for includes a make up artist that is following you on your trip. This is because all the shooting is done from 7am in the morning and will probably end only at 9-10pm at night. With the tight schedule on hand you will probably be only be able to be back at your hotel room once the entire day. All other make up changes, gown changes etc will mostly likely be on the road.
Bring some biscuits just in case you get hungry in between. The photographer would usually have a carton of mineral water on the car/van prepared.
For the groom, you will probably realise that you are just the supporting actor in this trip. So you will have plenty of time to do some behind the scene photography. Thus make sure your handphone is fully charged. Do not bring along your dslr thou as there is already tons of equipment around and you might just misplace or mix yours up with the photography crew.
After the photoshoot
It would usually be part of the couples goodwill to treat the team to a good meal after the shoot is done to thank them for their effort. Thou this is not a must but just a good to have. For us, we dropped hints from the start to keep the team motivated for the hard day ahead. The meal itself need not be costly. Usually it would be at a cozy place for example the Taiwan “zhi char” restaurant kind of stall is good enough.
Do note that pre-wedding photography in taiwan usually do not include albums. In most cases, the photographer will allow you to choose approx. 30 photo for editing which they will pass to you after editing.
Summary: If we are to summarise what you must do for your pre-wedding photography trip to taiwan into 1 line, it would be, check the weather and talk to your photographer.